Through the linguistic auditing service Excelsior Corporate Solutions places at your disposal the necessary tools to obtain a clear image of your employees and candidates’ foreign languages skills.
Using the results of such a testing process, your company can formulate a clear strategy regarding foreign languages. This is the starting point for at least two enterprises:
- Setting up an efficient system of foreign languages training
- Backing up with concrete data the recruiting/evaluation process
The linguistic auditing process can be applied:
- on a macro level (the entire company)
- on a micro level (a single department)
- can be focused on a particular group of employees or brought at an individual level
What do we follow when we de the test?
- Oral literacy (fluency, self-confidence, vocabulary and accuracy).
- Written literacy (vocabulary, accuracy, functional styles).
The linguistic auditing process has two implementation phases:
1. Analyzing the need for foreign languages within the company;
- During this stage we look at the specific needs for the position that the candidate will occupy but also want to know the company’s the medium to long term objectives
- The analysis can be done at a department level but also for the entire company
2. Evaluating / diagnosing current linguistic competences.
- During this step we determine the candidate’s actual level for a certain foreign language
- The testing procedure comprises of two stages: oral and written tests
- The oral testing can be done either face-to-face or over the phone.
- The written testing can be done using the Awesome2Learn online testing platform, at the client’s HQ or via e-mail
- After these stages we fill out a complex report based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which offers a overall image on the candidate’s language skills.
- Establishing the real level of linguistic competence according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- A client needs-oriented curriculum can be created
- Your company saves precious time and resources
- Through a linguistic auditing program, the client can establish a clear strategy regarding foreign languages training